Musical Theatre Performance Studio
June 24 – July 20, 2019
Europe’s Premiere Young Artist Program
Comprehensive Training & Exceptional Performance Opportunities
SISTER ACT by Alan Menken & Glenn Slater
INTO THE WOODS by Stephen Sondheim
BROADWAY GALAS – Broadway Classics
CONCERTS – Pop Rock & Crossover
Presented in collaboration with the MAI Festival Orchestra
The Musical Theatre Performance Studio is a four-week professional-level training program for college students as well as advanced high school juniors and seniors. This immersive program offers musical theatre students a unique opportunity to:
- Study under the guidance of Broadway professionals and noted academics. The intense yet supportive atmosphere, along with daily instruction, creates an environment that encourages growth and takes your skills to the next level.
- Perform in galas, concerts and fully-staged musical theatre productions before a European audience.
- Create lasting memories through travel to one of the most stunning corners of the world. You’ll gain new perspective by spending four weeks in a different and vibrant culture, all the while making new friends and professional connections.
Study with THE FINEST FACULTY OF ANY YAP – PERIOD!!! – Music Academy International has an outstanding reputation as the premiere young artist training programs in Europe. Our faculty artists are all currently faculty at top musical theatre programs who also have extensive Broadway, national tour, and regional theatre experience. As educators, they bring passion to the training process and are committed to helping each student cultivate their unique strengths and develop performance skills. Beyond ample performance opportunities, students receive individual coachings and participate in master classes, seminars and forums that address both artistic and business strategies for building a life in the industry.
- World Class Faculty Artists
- Musical Productions with Orchestra
- Gala Performances (Golden Age of Broadway)
- Concerts (Pop Rock)
- Master Classes
- Acting/Characterization Classes
- Movement/Dance Classes
- Vocal Coaching & Voice Lessons
- Effective Audition Technique Workshops
- Musical & Staging Rehearsals
- Song Interpretation and Repertoire
Attractions and Sightseeing – Based in the spectacular setting of Italy’s Primiero Valley, the program offers the unique opportunity to learn, explore and perform in some of the most beautiful villages in Italy. A full schedule of cultural and recreational opportunities – from concert-going in Verona to canyoning in the Dolomites – provide lifelong memories. Your own time on stage will be equally meaningful, as MAI performances are held in a range of unique and historic venues.
- Nearby Cities Include: Venice, Salzburg, Verona, Innsbruck, Munich.
- Hiking and Biking in the Dolomites.
- Cable car trip to Refugio di Tognola for breathtaking views and a delicious meal.
- Cable car trip to Rifugio Rosetta located on one of the highest peaks in the Dolomites.
- Hiking trip to visit a cheese-making farm.
- Giuseppe Verdi’s Aida in the Arena di Verona; 300 singers, actors, live camels! A musical extravaganza!
- Shopping in San Martino di Castrozza, the oldest skiing resort in the Alpine region.
- Water Canyoning in Val Noana with renowned Alpine guides.
Costs – MAI is truly a great value and an investment in your future. While other programs charge thousands of dollars to sing a concert or a scenes program with piano accompaniment, at MAI our young artists are presented in musical theatre productions with full orchestra led by leading conductors, directors, vocal coaches, and master teachers?
Tuition & Housing – 2019 Musical Theatre Performance Studio tuition is $3,695. A registration fee of $250 is due with your acceptance. MAI provides shared accommodations for all participants of the Musical Theatre Performance Studio. Private rooms are limited and are an additional cost of €250 per week.
Transportation – MAI provides round trip private bus transportation from Venice’s Marco Polo Airport (VCE) on June 24 to Mezzano, and returning from Mezzano to VCE on July 20. Details are provided in your acceptance package.
Audition Process – MAI accepts applicants by video auditions or through the StrawHat: Interested participants should fill out the online application and attach two musical selections (minimum 32 bars each) as well as a dance tape (dancers) or a monologue (singers/actors) by clicking the APPLY NOW button below. Singers should present on golden age and one contemporary musical theatre selection. Successful applicants will be notified within one week of their audition. Deposits are due within 10 days of your acceptance.
StrawHat Auditions – MAI will take part in the StrawHat Auditions in New York held at PACE University, which will be on March 16 – 18, 2019. Artists that are taking part in these auditions should look for the MAI listing and fill out the audition form at the bottom of this page by clicking Apply Now.
Audition Deadline – Music Academy International accepts applications through March 31, 2019. MAI has a rolling audition process with limited enrollment. Early applications are suggested for best results.
Click the button below to submit an application for the Musical Theatre Performance Studio.