Musical Theatre Performance Studio
20th Anniversary Season
June 20 – July 19, 2019
Europe’s Premiere Young Artist Program Offering
Comprehensive Training & Exceptional Performance Opportunities
Musicals Productions Under Consideration
NINE – Maury Yeston
PIPPIN – Stephen Schwartz & Roger O. Hirson
BYE BYE BIRDIE – Charles Strouse & Lee Adams
SWEET CHARITY – Cy Coleman & Dotothy Fields
THE WIZARD OF OZ – Andrew Lloyd Webber Version
THE PAJAMA GAME – Richard Bissell & George Abbott
THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA – Craig Lucas & Adam Guettel
THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE – Jeanine Tesori & Dick Scanlan
Presented in collaboration with the MAI Festival Orchestra
The Musical Theatre Performance Studio is a four-week professional-level training program for college students as well as advanced high school juniors and seniors. This immersive program offers musical theatre students a unique opportunity to:
- Study under the guidance of Broadway professionals and noted academics. The intense yet supportive atmosphere, along with daily instruction, creates an environment that encourages growth and takes your skills to the next level.
- Perform in galas, concerts and fully-staged musical theatre productions before a European audience.
- Create lasting memories through travel to one of the most stunning corners of the world. You’ll gain new perspective by spending four weeks in a different and vibrant culture, all the while making new friends and professional connections.
Study with THE FINEST FACULTY OF ANY YAP – PERIOD!!! – Music Academy International has an outstanding reputation as the premiere young artist training programs in Europe. Our faculty artists are all currently faculty at top musical theatre programs who also have extensive Broadway, national tour, and regional theatre experience. As educators, they bring passion to the training process and are committed to helping each student cultivate their unique strengths and develop performance skills. Beyond ample performance opportunities, students receive individual coachings and participate in master classes, seminars and forums that address both artistic and business strategies for building a life in the industry.
- World Class Faculty Artists
- Musical Productions with Orchera
- Gala Performances
- Master Classes
- Acting & Characterization
- Movement & Dance
- Vocal Coaching
- Effective Audition Technique Workshops
- Musical & Staging Rehearsals
- Song Interpretation and Repertoire
ATTRACTIONS & SIGHTSEEING – Situated in the spectacular Primiero Valley, MAI offers the unique opportunity to train, perform, and explore in one of Italy’s most beautiful regions. Offering a full schedule of cultural and recreational opportunities, whether walking along the romantic canals of Venice, or visiting the historic Arena di Verona, to hiking and water canyoning in the Dolomites – MAI promises to provide lifelong memories.
- Venice – Verona – Lake Garda and more!!!
- Hiking and Biking in the Dolomites.
- Cable car trip to Refugio di Tognola for breathtaking views.
- Cable car trip to Rifugio Rosetta located on one of the highest peaks in the Dolomites.
- Hiking trip to visit a cheese-making farm.
- Giuseppe Verdi’s Aida in the Arena di Verona; 300 singers, actors, live camels! A musical extravaganza!
- San Martino di Castrozza, the oldest skiing resort in the Alpine region.
- Water Canyoning in Val Noana with renowned Alpine guides.
AUDITIONS – Young Artists are accepted by Video auditions. Interested applicants should click the “Apply Now!” button below and fill out the Musical Theatre Performance Studio Application and attach an audition video. Videos must be unlocked for viewing and should include two vocal selections in the style of the musicals being performed, and a short monologue. Dancers should also include a dance routine. MAI will also hear auditions at the 2020 StrawHat Auditions on March 14 – 16, 2020 at Pace University in New York. The application deadline is March 31, 2020. MAI has a rolling audition process with limited enrollment. Early applications are encouraged for best results. Successful applicants will be notified within ten day of their audition.
LOW TUITION – Musical Theatre Performance Studio tuition and housing is one low fee of $3,995. A registration fee of $250 is due with your initial deposit. Housing is provided at local hotels, and fully serviced apartments. Housing is situated a short walk from the rehearsal facilities. Limited private rooms are available at an additional cost of $800.
ACCEPTANCE – MAI will notify all applicants within 10 days of their application as to their acceptance into the 2020 Festival. Once confirmed you will receive an acceptance package with pertinent information on the festival, payments, travel, housing, and basic information pertinent to your stay in Italy. MAI provides free round trip private shuttles from Venice’s Marco Polo Airport (VCE).
Click the button below to submit an application for the Musical Theatre Performance Studio.