Collaborative Piano Studio
July 9 – August 12, 2017
When researching summer training and performance programs for collaborative piano look for practical opportunities and specialized training. As a collaborative pianist at MAI you will train and perform with a world-class faculty that have performed and recorded with many of the world’s most renowned singers, instrumental soloists, and chamber ensembles. You will gain a better knowledge of French, German, Italian, and English, the four main languages needed for a successful career as a collaborative pianist by taking part in daily language and diction classes. Practical performance experience will include accompanying staging rehearsals in operas by Mozart, Massenet, Handel, and Britten led by resident and guest conductors; accompanying private voice lessons and vocal coachings, and vocal master classes led by MAI’s renowned master teachers.
Interested applicants should complete the following application process for acceptance into the Collaborative Piano Studio.
- Complete the online-application by clicking “Apply Now” at the bottom of this page.
- Submit video recordings that contains the following materials:
- A solo work of two contrasting movements from a Mozart or Beethoven Sonata for Violin or Piano
- Puccini: La Boheme – Mi chiamano Mimi (no singing required)
- Mozart: Le nozze di Figaro – Hai gia vinta la causa (no singing required)
- One song by either Schumann or Schubert (must sing one of these)
- One song by either Fauré or Debussy (must sing one of these)
The application deadline for consideration into the Collaborative Piano Studio is April 1, 2017.
Fees: An application fee of $25 is payable when you submit your application.
Tuition: Tuition for the 2017 Collaborative Piano Studio is $1,995.
Housing: Housing in the 4 STAR Boutique Hotel Orsingher including breakfast and lunch daily is included with your tuition.
Travel: MAI provides a free shuttle bus that will run from Marco Polo Airport (VCE) directly to Mezzano/Fiera on Sunday July 2 departing at 4 pm. A return shuttle will be provided on Saturday August 12 departing Mezzano/Fiera for VCE at 7 am. If you are remaining in the festival as a member of the Festival Orchestra your departure shuttle will be at 7 am on August 12.
- Nearby Cities Include: Venice, Salzburg, Verona, Innsbruck, Munich.
- Hiking and Biking in the Dolomites.
- Cable car trip to Refugio di Tognola for breathtaking views and a delicious meal.
- Cable car trip to Rifugio Rosetta located on one of the highest peaks in the Dolomites.
- Hiking trip to visit a cheese-making farm.
- Giuseppe Verdi’s Aida in the Arena di Verona; 300 singers, actors, live camels! A musical extravaganza!
- Shopping in San Martino di Castrozza, the oldest skiing resort in the Alpine region.
- Water Canyoning in Val Noana with renowned Alpine guides.
Click the button below to submit an application for the Collaborative Piano Performance Studio.