Asian Performance Studio
July 8 – July 27, 2019
- Mitchell Piper, Executive Director Music Academy International
- Neil Rosenshein, Artistic Director Asian Performance Studio
- Yingge Liu, Associate Artistic Director Asian Performance Studio – China
- Jinho Hwang, Associate Artistic Director Asian Performance Studio – Korea
The Asian Performance Studio is designed to prepare Asian singers for successful auditions with leading music schools and conservatories in the United States and Europe, as well as auditions with professional opera companies and artist management firms. Successful auditions are the key to any young singer’s career and at MAI you will receive extensive training in vocal technique, dramatic interpretation, English and Italian language, and stage presentation. Our internationally acclaimed faculty artists will work with you to in selecting repertoire, preparing bios, head shots, and other materials that are needed for the rigorous auditions that the world’s leading music schools, conservatories, management firms, and professional opera companies require.
Training & Performances Include
- Voice Lessons
- Vocal Coaching
- Master Classes
- Diction Classes
- Dramatic Interpretation
- Recital Performances
- Audition Preparation
Typical Daily Schedule
- 8:30 – Breakfast at your hotel
- 9:30 – 11:00 Diction Class
- 11:00 – 1:00 – Voice Lessons
- 2:30 – 4:30 – Vocal Coaching
- 4;30 – 6:30 – Master Classes
- Evening Concerts, Recitals, and Gala Performances
Faculty Artists – Connections and networking are essential elements of a successful career in the performing arts. At MAI, young artists work daily with some of the leading faculty and guest artists in the profession today. Our faculty artists teach at leading music schools and conservatories including the Manhattan School of Music, the Juilliard School, New York University, Academy of Vocal Arts, Curtis Institute of Music, the Dutch Opera Academy, and perform at such internationally acclaimed opera houses as the Metropolitan Opera, Royal Opera Covent Garden, Opéra National de Paris, Berlin Staatsoper, and other leading houses.
- Master Teachers Include:
• J. David Jackson, Metropolitan Opera
• Neil Rosenshein, Manhattan School of Music, Metropolitan Opera
• Jeanne Michèle Charbonnet, Montclair State Univ., Metropolitan Opera
• Harolyn Blackwell, New York University, Metropolitan Opera
• Neal Goren, Mannes School of Music
- Day Excursion to Venice.
- Giuseppe Verdi’s Aida in the Arena di Verona; 300 singers, actors, live camels! A musical extravaganza!
- San Martino di Castrozza, the oldest skiing resort in the Alpine region.
- Cable car trip to Rifugio Rosetta located on one of the highest peaks in the Dolomites.
Applications – To apply simply click on the Apply Now button at the bottom of this page and fill out the application form. MAI does not charge an audition or application fee.
Tuition – Studio tuition is $4,995. This fee includes the following: Tuition, Housing/Breakfast, Excursions to Venice, Arena di Verona, & San Martino di Costrazza. Tuition payment is due in full by bank transfer by April 15, 2019.
Housing – Housing is provided at the 4 Star Boutique Hotel Orsingher in Primiero, Italy. Accommodations are provided in double and tripple occupancy rooms. Single room accommodation is available at an extra charge of $750. The hotel is within walking distance of all rehearsal and performance facilities.
Meals – Daily breakfast is included with your tuition and is served at the Hotel Orsingher. Lunch and dinner are available at the many restaurants in Primiero.
Transportation – MAI provides round trip private bus transportation from Venice’s Marco Polo Airport (VCE) on July 8 at 4:00 pm to Fiera di Primiero, and returning from Fiera di Primiero to VCE on July 27 at 7:00 am.