With the outbreak of COVID-19 our upmost concern is the health and safety of our young artists, faculty, and staff members. The Italian government has been proactive in their efforts to contain the virus, and they have instituted a country-wide shut down of all but emergency services. This shutdown is currently in effect until April 3, at which time they will reevaluate the situation. As a result of these measures, less than 1% of the population of Italy has been affected, and in the northern region of Primiero, where the festival is held, there have been no reported cases of COVID-19. We are still several months from the beginning of the festival and we are in constant contact with our partners in Italy to ensure a safe environment for all of our Young Artists, faculty, and staff. It is our intention as the situation improves to hold the festival this summer in Italy. If it is canceled for reasons beyond our control, MAI will provide full refunds for tuition deposits. Should you have concerns please contact Maddalena Deichmann, Director of Artistic Administration at Maddalena@MusicAcademyInternational.org.
Mitchell Piper, Executive Director